Private Shopping Tour in St. Thomas
Enjoy access to the best shopping in St. Thomas with a private tour on an open air Safari bus. The favorite choice of visitors to the Virgin Islands, the Safari bus allows you to take in all the sights and sounds of Charlotte Amalie as you make your way to the three premier shopping destinations on St. Thomas: Main Street (Dronningens Gade), Havensight Mall and the Shops at Yacht Haven Grande, located on the spectacular Charlotte Amalie harbor.
Your tour will include a chance to experience the beautiful views and historical architecture of downtown Charlotte Amalie, with convenient transportation to St. Thomas’ three world-renowned shopping districts. You’ll enjoy access to duty free shops and boutiques for great buys on jewelry, fine china and crystal, perfume, art, clothing, accessories, and more. You will also have access to some of the best local food and drinks on St. Thomas, and you can even arrange for a drop-off and pick-up at any restaurant or bar in the Charlotte Amalie area for lunch. Book now for a fantastic tour and a great shopping experience!
Duration: 4.5 hours
Maximum Passengers: 17
Cost: $265 (for up to 10 passengers) / $25 for each additional passenger
Children under 5 ride free
- Enjoy the best shopping in St. Thomas
- Experience the sights and sounds of downtown Charlotte Amalie and the harbor
- Shop at Main Street, Havensight Mall and the Shops at Yacht Haven Grande
- Enjoy access to world famous local food and drinks
- Private transportation on the ever-popular open air Safari bus
- Ideal for families, private groups, and parties
- Get personalized service with flexible drop-offs and pickups
- Service available for hotel and vacation rental guests, local residents, and passengers from the following cruise lines: Royal Caribbean, Holland America, Carnival, Princess, Celebrity, Disney, Cunard, and MSC.
Before You Book
- Tours must be booked at least 24 hours in advance of departure time
- Please note that all availability is listed in the local, Atlantic Standard Time, and is not considered the same as “Cruise Ship Time”.
- Route and options subject to change based on local weather and accessibility
- Local shopping hours are typically 9am-5pm Monday through Saturday, and Sunday hours are until around 1pm.
- NOTE: On Sundays, some stores may be closed if no cruise ships are in port, while others may stay open later if multiple cruise ships are docked.
- Flexible scheduling for cruise ship passengers when passengers notify the tour operator at least 24 hours in advance. Tour contact details provided with your booking confirmation email.
Departure point: Flexible (contact the tour provider after you receive your confirmation)
Departure time: Based on your selected start time.
Duration: 4.5 hours
Return details: Same as departure point.
Main Street, Charlotte Amalie
Better known as Main Street, Dronningens Gade is the principal location for shopping, restaurants, and bars in St. Thomas. Stores line Main Street and the parallel Back Street and Waterfront, and side streets and alleys offer additional, unique shopping experiences. In the Main Street area, you will find a plethora of shops and boutiques for everything from beautiful, handmade jewelry and crafts to fine china, crystal, artwork, clothing, and more. But Main Street is best known for its many jewelry stores, where visitors can find some of the best buys and negotiate some of the best deals in the Caribbean.
Havensight Mall, Charlotte Amalie
Located right at the WICO (West Indian Company Organization) dock, are some of the most popular as well as exclusive stores. Havensight is an open air mall that is home to some of the world famous names including jewelry by Pandora and footwear by Crocs. You may even be able to enjoy the view of megaships docking into port as you peruse through the wide selection of stores at the Havensight Mall that offer a variety of shopping options such as electronics, sports apparel, designer menswear, liquor, perfume and jewelry. If you need a quick break from your shopping spree, don’t hesitate to enjoy a bite at the Delly Deck or Senor Frogs.
The Shops at Yacht Haven Grande, Charlotte Amalie
The Shops at Yacht Haven Grande, located along the beautiful Charlotte Amalie harbor, are known as the premier shopping and dining destination on St. Thomas. The Shops specialize in high style and fashion, including exclusive collections of jewelry and clothing for men, women, and children from top brands such as Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Bvlgari, BCBG, White House Black Market and more. Shopping at Yacht Haven Grande is also a great place to find beachwear, accessories, watches, and even fashion and clothing for your pets. Top off your waterside shopping experience with a hot coffee at the local coffee shop or a visit to one of three restaurants and bars known for providing some of the best food and drinks locally.
Shopping Hours and Duty Free Details
Charlotte Amalie shopping hours are typically 9am to 5pm Monday through Saturday, including holidays, and Sunday hours are usually a half day with closing times at around 1pm local time. However, if there are no cruise ships in port, some stores may be closed on Sundays, while others may stay open later if several ships are in port. Duty free shopping is available with an allowance of up to $1,600 and additional provisions for U.S. residents returning to the mainland. U.S. shoppers who are 21 years of age or older are also allowed to take back five cases of cigarettes, and those 21 or older can also take back five liters of liquor if at least one liter was produced in the Virgin Islands. Ask your tour driver or staff at local shops for more details on duty free shopping.
As an option, you can also arrange for your tour driver to provide transportation to any restaurant or bar in the Charlotte Amalie area. With personalized, private tour service, you can arrange a drop-off and pick-up time to suit your preferences.
- Full-service transportation in an open-air Safari bus
- Private tour with a professional driver
- Three shopping stops at Main Street, Havensight Mall and the Shops at Yacht Haven Grande
- Lunch transportation to any restaurant or bar in Charlotte Amalie
- Timed itinerary or options for flexible drop-offs and pick-ups
- Food, drinks, shopping costs, and gratuities not included
Tours must be booked at least 24 hours in advance of departure time
Service available for hotel and vacation rental guests, local residents, and passengers from the following cruise lines: Royal Caribbean, Holland America, Carnival, Princess, Celebrity, Disney, Cunard, and MSC.
At least 24 hours in advance