St. Thomas Mangrove Lagoon and Cas Cay Ecotours
A fun and unique multi-eco experience awaits you with a kayaking, hiking, and snorkeling tour in St Thomas' unique Mangrove Lagoon Wildlife Sanctuary & Marine Reserve.
Kayak among the many small islands of the protected Mangrove Lagoon. Learn why the Mangrove ecosystem plays a crucial role in protecting healthy offshore coral reefs and local bird and reef fish populations. At Cas Cay, enjoy a hermit crab race and a hike to tidal pools, volcanic cliffs, and a visit to the rare geologic blow hole for a scenic photo opportunity. Hike the pristine, deserted 15-acre island of Cas Cay, which is part of the Virgin Islands Park System. Enjoy the many breathtaking views from the coral and shell laden beaches, and snorkel a coral-fringed mangrove nursery with an easy beach entry in the clear, protected waters.
This award-winning ecotour features experienced nature guides and fun for the entire family. No ecotour or adventure experience is necessary. Our sit-on-top kayaks accommodate two people and are easy to paddle. Our guides also offer snorkeling instruction, point out the marine life, and interpret the diverse mangrove ecosystem.
Duration: 3 hours
Child (ages 7-12): $49
Child (ages 2-6): $0
- Three-hour multi-eco tour in St. Thomas’ Inner Mangrove Lagoon and Cas Cay
- Hiking, snorkeling, and kayaking with expert instruction and interpretation by our guides
- Breathtaking, scenic views and exploration of spectacular ecosystems and uninhabited islands
- Opportunities to observe and encounter marine and island flora and fauna
- Snorkeling gear, kayaks, paddles and life jackets included
- Free lockers and beverages and snacks provided
- Outstanding, friendly service from our professional eco guides
Before You Book
- Bring clothing that can get wet and a hat, sunglasses, etc. for sun protection
- Bring a bathing suit and towel
- Bring watershoes or sandals w/ a strap around the heel recommended
- Your payment is 100% refundable until 24 hours before the date and time of your departure
- Cancellations within 24 hours or a failure to show up for your tour will result in a full charge for the cost of your tour
Departure point: Mangrove Lagoon Marina, St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands (Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your tour)
Departure time: Based on your reservation
Duration: 3 hours
Return information: You will return with your guide to Mangrove Lagoon Marina, St. Thomas.
- Three-hour multi-eco adventure with hiking, kayaking, and snorkeling
- Professional instruction and interpretation by an experienced eco guide
- All safety, snorkeling, and kayaking gear included
- Free lockers, dressing room, and toilet facilities provided
- Beverages and snacks included
- Gratuities for excellent service not included (15-20% recommended)
- A photographer will take pictures of the tour. Entire collection of photos available on a CD for $45. Includes an additional CD with “Best of” pictures collected over the past decade.
Our main marina is located on the southeast side of St. Thomas.
From Town: Take route 30 East until it intersects with route 32 (also the Bridge to Nowhere/Esso Station), turn right -southeast- and we are located on the right side of the road. We're the big green trailer with the mask and snorkel on the side.
From Red Hook: Head southwest on route 32 towards town, we are located on the left side of the road We're the big green trailer with the mask and snorkel on the side.
Your payment is 100% refundable until 24 hours before the date and time your tour is due to depart. If you cancel your booking with less than 24 hours’ notice or fail to show up for your tour, then no refund will be given.