Ecotour: Night Kayak with Pirate and Ghost Stories
Paddle through the winding waterways of the Mangrove Lagoon and hear spooky pirate and ghost stories as you take a nighttime tour steeped in St. Thomas pirate history. Journey back in time and relive the days when pirates roamed the islands and ghosts and evil spirit jumbies were said to haunt the Virgin Islands. Prepare to hear tales of shipwrecks and eerie legends as you navigate the Mangrove Lagoon Wildlife Sanctuary and Marine Preserve. Enjoy the starlit sky and the dark mangroves tunnels as you look for stingrays, tarpon, and other marine life with glowing lights below your kayak.
Kayaks are sit-on-top models designed for two people and easy paddling. Your tour includes an expert guide, life jackets, and free access to lockers, changing rooms, and bathrooms. Bring nerves of steel to avoid a shivering spine, and make sure not to pick up any spirit hitchhikers! Book now to reserve a splendidly spooky experience.
Duration: 1.5 Hours
Maximum Guests: TBD
Child 8-12: $29
Child 2-7: $0
- Night kayak through Mangrove Lagoon Wildlife Sanctuary & Marine Reserve
- Learn about the pirates that plied the waters around the Virgin Islands
- Hear folklore and stories about ghosts, shipwrecks, and more
- View marine life highlighted by the glowing lights of your kayak
- Kayaks, paddles, and life jackets included
- Free lockers, changing rooms, and bathrooms available
- Outstanding, friendly service from a professional guide
Important Note: Don't Wait to Book!
Tours and activities in St. Thomas and St. John fill up quickly and often weeks or months in advance. Don't wait and miss out on the fun! Book now to reserve your space and avoid disappointments or last-minute scrambles. If you need to cancel for any reason, we'll give you a full refund on most tours as long as you cancel at least 24 to 48 hours in advance. Check the bottom of each tour or activity description for cancellation terms. We want you to enjoy the best of our beautiful islands, so make your reservation now!
Before You Book
- Bring clothing that can get wet
- Bring a bathing suit and towel
- Bring water shoes or sandals w/ a strap around the heel recommended
- Your payment is 100% refundable until 24 hours before the date and time of your departure
- Cancellations within 24 hours or a failure to show up for your tour will result in a full charge for the cost of your tour
Departure point: Mangrove Lagoon Marina, St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands (Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your tour)
Departure time: Based on your reservation (please arrive 15 minutes early)
Duration: 1.5 hours
Return information: You will return with your guide to Mangrove Lagoon Marina, St. Thomas.
- Night kayak adventure with pirate and ghost stories
- Professional instruction and storytelling by an experienced eco guide
- All safety and kayaking equipment included
- Free lockers, dressing room, and toilet facilities provided
- Gratuities for excellent service not included (15-20% recommended)
Our main marina is located on the southeast side of St. Thomas.
From Town: Take route 30 East until it intersects with route 32 (also the Bridge to Nowhere/Esso Station), turn right—southeast—and we are located on the right side of the road. We're the big green trailer with the mask and snorkel on the side.
From Red Hook: Head southwest on route 32 towards town, we are located on the left side of the road We're the big green trailer with the mask and snorkel on the side.
Your payment is 100% refundable until 24 hours before the date and time your tour is due to depart. If you cancel your booking with less than 24 hours’ notice or fail to show up for your tour, then the full cost of the tour will be charged to the credit card used to guarantee your tour.