St. Thomas Beach Hopping Private Tour
Experience the sun, sand, and beautiful waters of St. Thomas with a beach hopping tour on an open air Safari bus. Choose three of the five top beaches on the island for a multi-stop excursion and a personalized experience that you’ll never forget. Your beach hopping tour includes opportunities for sunbathing, swimming, snorkeling, watersports, beachside shopping, local food and drinks, and a chance to experience the magnificent wildlife and natural beauty of St. Thomas. Available choices include Magens Bay, Coki Point, Secret Harbor, Lindquist Beach (Smith Bay Park), and Sapphire Beach. Whether you’re looking for family-friendly locations with access to food and amenities or more secluded and natural surroundings for a tropical getaway feel, our beach hopping tour gives you the flexibility to create your own, unique experience. Book now to arrange an amazing day of paradise on the beach!
Duration: 7.5 hours
Maximum Passengers: 17
Cost: $435 (for up to 10 passengers) / $40 for each additional passenger
- Visit and experience the top beaches on St. Thomas
- Choose three of the five best beaches on the island
- Enjoy swimming, sunbathing, snorkeling, and more
- Get access to local food, restaurants, bars, and shopping
- Enjoy convenient transportation on an open air Safari bus
- Personalized, private service with flexible drop-offs and pickups
- Ideal for families, private groups, and parties
- Service available for hotel and vacation rental guests, local residents, and passengers from the following cruise lines: Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Princess, Celebrity, Disney, Cunard, and MSC.
Before You Book
- Tours must be booked at least 24 hours in advance of departure time
- Please note that all availability is listed in the local, Atlantic Standard Time, and is not considered the same as “Cruise Ship Time”.
- $4 per person entry fee required for specific beaches (subject to change & not included in tour)
- Beach amenities and rentals vary by your chosen location
- Bring your own swimwear, towels, and beach attire
- Rentals available for beach chairs, umbrellas, snorkeling, watersports, and more
- Route and options subject to change based on local weather and accessibility
- Flexible scheduling for cruise ship passengers when passengers notify the tour operator at least 24 hours in advance. Tour contact details provided with your booking confirmation email.
Departure point: Flexible (contact the tour provider after you receive your confirmation)
Departure time: Based on your selected start time.
Duration: 7.5 hours
Return details: Same as departure point.
Beaches (choose 3 when your tour begins*)
* When your Safari bus arrives, your driver will ask you to specify your preferred beaches.
Magens Bay Beach (Northside)
Take in the spectacular views and enjoy the calm waters at Magens Bay, the most popular beach on St. Thomas and one of National Geographic’s top 10 Atlantic Ocean beaches. Paddle boats, and kayaks, are available for rental, and chairs and floats are also available at the concession. Lifeguards are normally on duty during open hours. Magens Bay is also great for family picnics with tables available throughout the beach. The concession includes a gift shop, a bar, and a restaurant with burgers, pizza, and other snacks. Restrooms are available along with open salt/freshwater showers.
Coki Point Beach (East End)
A small, beautiful beach located at the East End of St. Thomas, Coki Point features crystal clear water and a reef area that is great for snorkeling and feeding fish right out of your hand. A popular location for picnics and parties, Coki Point also features beachside eateries and roadside food vans with fare that includes burgers, sandwiches, and great local dishes. Snorkels, chairs, umbrellas, and other beach gear are also available for rental. Restrooms are available along with open salt/freshwater showers.
Secret Harbor Beach is nestled in a quiet, protected bay with calm waters that are ideal for swimming. Snorkeling is a favorite activity along the nearby rocky coastline, and those enjoying the swim out to the floating raft in the bay or otherwise enjoying the water might catch glimpses of Secret Harbor’s beautiful rays and sea turtles. When you’re not enjoying the palm trees and tropical feel of this small patch of paradise, you can visit the Secret Harbor Resort with a great restaurant and beach bar. Please note that there is no lifeguard on duty at Secret Harbor.
Lindquist Beach (Smith Bay Park)
The newest beach on St. Thomas and one of the most beautiful and pristine beaches on the island, Lindquist is located on the East End and is an undeveloped beach with only dirt road access. It has recently been renamed as Smith Bay Park. A lifeguard is on duty, and basic amenities include picnic tables and portable rest rooms. Snorkeling can be enjoyed on the right side of the beach, but you must bring your own gear. Lifeguards are normally on duty during open hours, and restrooms are available with open salt/freshwater showers. Several picnic tables are also available. With white sand, crystal clear water, and a thick tree line for shade, Lindquist Beach has become a favorite spot for locals, particularly for weekend picnics and parties.
Sapphire Beach is a local favorite with beautiful sand and warm, crystal clear waters accented by nearby palm trees and sea grape trees. Located within walking distance of the Sapphire Beach Resort, Condos and Marina, Sapphire Beach features foods and drinks through an open air grill and a condo restaurant close by. Sapphire Beach is also well known for water sports options including wind surfing, kayaking and snorkeling.
- Full-service transportation in an open-air Safari bus
- Private tour with a professional driver
- Visits to three of the top five beaches on St. Thomas
- Timed itinerary or options for flexible drop-offs and pick-ups
- Beach admission fees not included
- Food, drinks, and gratuities not included
- Does not include rental of beach chairs, umbrellas, snorkeling, or other gear
Tours must be booked at least 24 hours in advance of departure time
Service available for hotel and vacation rental guests, local residents, and passengers from the following cruise lines: Royal Caribbean, Holland America, Carnival, Princess, Celebrity, Disney, Cunard, and MSC.
At least 24 hours in advance